Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Moanas New Life Experience

Last week I had a new life experience and at my age of 50 something, why couldn't it be nice, sexy, fun or heartwarming. It was not pretty -  identity theft. I am a lot wiser now after dealing with issues the entire week. What is wrong with people? Where have things gone so wrong? Why have morals disappeared? Maybe I'm showing my age here, but I am constantly amazed at the cajones people have and how corrupt things can get. All I could think of was "WTF"?  REALLY?  Then amongst the chaos, random acts of kindness. An fellow etsian convoed me to tell me how much she liked my shop and would I please add her to my circle. She said with 100,000's of shops, she didn't want to loose track of mine.  No one had ever done that before. A friend at a bnr gave up their spot for me so that I would have a chance at a sale. Isn't it strange how people you've never met can become a friend.  Didn't know this was a service etsy provided. RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS ♥♥♥

16 comments:

  1. Awful! Did you get it all resolved? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your terrible experience but as you said there are still some who do acts of kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awful!! I'm glad some kindness helped a little though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry this happened to you! Some people!!! Sheesh! I always tell everyone jokingly that no one wants my identity and if they stole it they'd probably get it back. But it's really horrible to hear that this happened to someone I know.

    I am glad you've been met with some kindness out of this awful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Random Acts of Kindness to the rescue right when you needed them the mostįƒ¦

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kindness of strangers will always set us right again. So sorry for your ordeal. We're all behind you with love and support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! identity theft, scary stuff, sorry to hear about this experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the midst of all that chaos, kindness from a total stranger. In some small way it redeemed the goodness out there. So sorry for your problems, hope it is resolved quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder about that all the time. Where did manners, kindness, consideration and ethics go? I'm afraid Hollywierd and Reality TV have everything to do with it.

    I am so glad you had some good experiences after that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear of your identity theft! How awful!!!! I also agree with glitter...when we have top people in our nation getting away with acts that are flat out WRONG, what are we teaching our children?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry that you had to deal with that - hope you got it resolved! Yes, we are fortunate to have some amazing "friends" on Etsy! Go Team Frenzy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's terrible... I hope everything's ok now... if you have any advice for us regarding the issue I'm sure we'd all be all ears!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope you got everything resolved. Nice to hear about the random acts of kindness though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry about the identity theft! My sister-in-law is going through that. NOT FUN, NOT COOL! But I am so glad that you have also been experiencing random acts of kindess. It gives us all hope.
    =)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry this happened to you. As others have said it is NOT fun and NOT cool. My Bishop has a saying, whenever you get close to your blessing all hell will break loose just to see if you are strong enough to bare the blessing. If you can handle the chaos then yo can handle the blessing. I am so glad others still believe in random acts of kindness, I know I do!

    ReplyDelete