Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Where Were You...

Today is a day of reflection...I seriously doubt that anyone can forget where they were on this day 12 years ago.

12 years ago...I was a nurse working in outpatient surgery...we were crazy busy. People kept telling me bits and pieces of what was going on, but I never saw the TV, after all...it couldn't be THAT bad...I distinctly remember the unusual quieteness in the lobby and NO ONE was complaining about anything... I had no idea of the mass devastation and horror until I got home. I was totally overwhelmed. A friend of mine sent me this and I just had to share. Take a moment to see and listen to this...can't get this hauntingly beautiful song out of my mind...

In The Arms Of An Angel ..
With A Beautiful Song!

http://www.mamarocks.com/in_the_arms_of_an_angel.htm

And because of that horrific day...so many young men and women have lost their lives. Some sights are soon forgotten but NOT this...
I had no idea that Delta and their employees participated in this act of reverence. Check out the people in the terminal...I'm quite sure they'll remember this forever. Delta will get my business...how about yours??

http://www.youtube.com/embed/c_VGxfmDmEo

Volume up!

And finally...may all who were lost that day...in the towers...the aircrafts...the first responders...the Pentagon...the field in Pa...May you all rest in peace. To all that have been lost since this act serving in the military...I thank you for your service and sacrifice.

May the angels be with you all.

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. I love that song. This is a really great tribute.
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kim...thanks for stopping by. I luv that song too. That Delta airlines video really touched me. Such a wonderful act of reverence.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed my visit with you!! I ♥ your post.

    I just had to "follow" you so not to miss anything! It would make me so happy if you would follow me too. :)

    Have a beautiful week!

    Lots of BIG Hugs,

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deborah! Thank you so much for dropping by and following my blog. Just visited yours as well and followed via GFC and bloglovin. Looking forward to reading your posts.

      Delete
  3. Hey there Julia. Thanks for the compliment on my post. Already following you via GFC and now following with bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete